Do not say THEORY when you mean HYPOTHESIS. 🙂
Observation is important.
Experimentation is important.
Documentation is important.
Scientific Method is important.
Important in our breeding and selection of gamecock family of chickens.
Important in our caring and feeding of gamecock family of chickens.
Important in our training and keep of gamecock roosters
Hypothesis, conjecture, and belief:
- Riemann HYPOTHESIS (still a conjecture)
- Contemporary Religious Monotheism HYPOTHESIS of Creationism
- Philip Henry Gosse’s Omphalos HYPOTHESIS of Creationism
- Inheritance of acquired characteristics HYPOTHESIS
Theory, theorem, and science:
- Fermat’s Last THEOREM (which was a conjecture until proven in 1995)
- Charles Darwin’s THEORY of biological evolution
- Charles Darwin’s THEORY of natural selection
- Gregor Mendel’s THEORY of inheritance
- Chromosome THEORY of inheritance
- Neutral THEORY of molecular evolution
- Cell THEORY
- Albert Einstein’s THEORY of Relativity (composed of Special theory of relativity and General theory of relativity)
- Atomic THEORY
- Old quantum THEORY
- Quantum THEORY. Quantum Physics. Quantum Mechanics
- Gauge THEORY
- Relativistic quantum field THEORY of electrodynamics
- Electroweak THEORY
- Quantum field THEORY
- THEORY of Hawking radiation
- String THEORY (THEORY of quantum gravity)
- M-THEORY (Superstring THEORY)
Science is ever changing with new proofs and new evidences and new thinking.
A theory (theorem) (science) is not the same as a hypothesis (conjecture) (belief). 🙂
– Gameness til the End
Science is a systematic enterprise that creates, builds and organizes knowledge in the form of testable explanations and predictions about the universe.
A conjecture is a conclusion or proposition based on incomplete information, for which no proof has been found.
A hypothesis is a proposed explanation for a phenomenon.
A theorem is a statement that has been proven on the basis of previously established statements, such as other theorems—and generally accepted statements, such as axioms. A theorem is a logical consequence of the axioms. The proof of a mathematical theorem is a logical argument for the theorem statement given in accord with the rules of a deductive system.
Theory is a contemplative and rational type of abstract or generalizing thinking, or the results of such thinking.
A scientific theory is a well-substantiated explanation of some aspect of the natural world that is acquired through the scientific method and repeatedly tested and confirmed through observation and experimentation.
The scientific method is a body of techniques for investigating phenomena, acquiring new knowledge, or correcting and integrating previous knowledge. To be termed scientific, a method of inquiry is commonly based on empirical or measurable evidence subject to specific principles of reasoning.
A scientific hypothesis, often called an “educated guess” because it provides a suggested solution based on the “evidence”.