I have been considering these titles for this repost article.
- Title option 1: “A Cajun Libertarian on personal freedom, cockfighting, and politics”
- Title option 2: “A Christian will vote for an Atheist who supports Cockfighting”
Also CLICK on the article title below to access the lively discussions at the Sabong Net Forum which turns into debate between:
- the “separation of church and state” proponents (secular cockfighters) and
- the “separation of church and state” antagonists (religious fanatical christian cockfighters).
“Separation of church and state” – Thomas Jefferson
WAKE UP! Be Secular. Vote Choice. Stop Oppression. Legalize Liberty.
- Support Freedom for LGBT community
- Support Freedom for Marijuana community
- Support Freedom for Sex Entrepreneurship community
- Support Freedom for Personal Choices
- Support Freedom for ALL
I hope the discussion at Sabong Net Forum will focus more on what was written by the topic starter. That is “Freedom of Choice for All Mankind”. Not just freedom for oneself but for others.
– Gameness til the End
Let us learn these terminologies used in the article reposted below.
Wikipedia on Cajuns:
- Cajuns are an ethnic group mainly living in the U.S. state of Louisiana, consisting of the descendants of Acadian exiles (French-speakers from Acadia in what are now the Maritimes). Today, the Cajuns make up a significant portion of south Louisiana’s population, and have exerted an enormous impact on the state’s culture.
Wikidepia on Libertarianism:
- Libertarianism is a set of related political philosophies that uphold liberty as the highest political end. This includes emphasis on the primacy of individual liberty, political freedom, and voluntary association. It is an antonym of authoritarianism. Although libertarians share a skepticism of governmental authority, they diverge on the extent and character of their opposition. Different schools of libertarianism offer a range of views concerning the legitimate functions of government, while others contend that the state should not exist at all. For instance, minarchists propose a state limited in scope to preventing aggression, theft, breach of contract and fraud, while anarchists advocate its complete elimination as a political system. While some libertarians advocate laissez-faire capitalism and private property rights, such as in land and natural resources, others wish to abolish capitalism and private ownership of the means of production in favor of common or cooperative ownership and management (libertarian socialism).
Wikipedia on Libertarian Party:
- The Libertarian Party is an American national political party that reflects, represents and promotes the ideas and philosophies of libertarianism (freedom as a political end) and free-market, laissez-faire capitalism (no government interference). The Libertarian Party was formed in Colorado Springs, Colorado, in the home of David F. Nolan on December 11, 1971. The founding of the party was prompted in part due to concerns about the Vietnam War, conscription, and the end of the gold standard. Although there is not an explicitly-labeled “left” or “right” designation of the party, many members, such as 2012 presidential nominee Gary Johnson, state that they are more socially liberal than the Democrats, but more fiscally conservative than the Republicans. The party has generally promoted a classical liberal platform, in contrast to the liberal and progressive platform of the Democrats and the more conservative platform of the Republicans. Current policy positions include lowering taxes, allowing people to opt-out of Social Security, abolishing welfare, ending the prohibition on illegal drugs, and supporting gun ownership rights.
Cajun_Agimat, April 21st, 2014, 01:39 AM
Sabong Net Member, Join Date Jul 2010
First let me say that I will make many people reading this article angry at me. Secondly, let me say that I am ok with that!
This country has turned into The Land of Hypocrisy. We as gamefowl fanciers have asked others to fight for us and we get upset when they fail. We vote Democrats into office then when we are unhappy with them, we vote Republicans into office but then we get unhappy with them and replace them with Democrats, it is a constant circle of frustration.
Let me use religion as an example for something. We vote people into office because we are Christians and they profess to be strict Christians but we soon find out that they don’t act like Christians when they think no one is looking. We believe in the right to practice any religion, as long as it is a religion we approve of, others had better not be an Atheist, even if the Atheist believes that we have a right to fight our chickens.
Because of our personal feelings concerning same sex marriage, we just can’t seem to vote for a gay or lesbian who believes that we have a right to fight our chickens.
We want to enjoy our personal freedoms and rights to what we want but we seem to forget about others personal freedoms and rights. I have always believed in God but the truth is, I would vote for an Atheist in a second if he or she will actually fight for my right to fight my chickens.
I have never truly understood the men who are attracted to other men but I will vote for one if he will actually fight for my right to fight my chickens. I am probably the only person in Louisiana, where I was born or in West Virginia, where I now live who has never smoked marijuana but I am willing to vote for a pot smoking politician who, yep, you guessed it, will let me fight my chickens.
In my personal belief, the best way to fix the problem is to get them all out of office but as much as we want to and need to, we just can’t seem to vote out that congressman or congresswoman because he or she has been in office for 30 years and has brought money in our state, or because we were brought up to be good Democrats or Republicans.
Let’s please stop the madness and get them all out of office, but who can we trust to fight for us? I believe the answer is to vote Libertarian. Do some research and ask a Libertarian about his beliefs on personal liberties and freedom. Democrats and Republicans have a long record of corruption so why not try a Libertarian; they don’t have a record of corruption because there aren’t enough of them elected to office to be corrupt. At the very least, stop being a hypocrite and vote them all out of office!!!
The UGBA, used to be able to fight the politicians, not because they had the power but gamefowl fanciers supported the UGBA and it was us who had the power. We don’t support them like we used to so they don’t have the backing of the cockers.
Do we have a chance to change the future in our favor? Yes, we do but we need to change the way we walk, talk, vote, and organize.
What do I mean by walk or talk? Didn’t anyone see those old black and white pictures of cockers of a long time ago? They dressed like they were going to church, they wore suits at best and at the very least wore dress pants with nice clean shoes and a dress shirt and most wore fedora hats. They dressed as professionals. They acted like professionals and they spoke like professionals.
Now, the last time you went to a cockfight, how many people you saw there that were wearing flip flops or sandals, how many wore shorts, or better yet how many wore camouflage cargo shorts and how about those dirty muscle shirts or short sleeve shirts that they cut the sleeves off with scissors.
I totally understand the Hillbilly Pride, Redneck Pride and Cajun Pride mentality but that paints a picture of cock fighters as being unprofessional.
I am not saying that we all need to show up in a suit and tie, but we need to not only talk and act professional but also look professional.
Just like in politics, the Optics is what matters; it is how others see you.
Others who are either against cockfighting or even on the fence about it will not be able to see your love and passion for caring, showing and or fighting your gamecocks, what they will see is your personal appearance and demeanor and they will unfortunately judge you by them.
I do have an idea on how we can change the future in our favor and I am sure the majority of cockers will go for it but we will have to combine our efforts with others that we may not agree with. I will not go into details here and now but I think it is the best way to compromise and still get what we want.
I will say that we need to first change our LOCAL and STATE politicians.
I am Libertarian and I vote that way anytime one runs for office in my district and state. When one is not running for office, I just vote against the incumbent, unless the incumbent has proven in his votes that he is pro cockfighting.
I may, at a later time send in my detailed plan that I believe will let us enjoy our sport again.
Gamefowl breeders, we need to be professional first and foremost, secondly, we need to organize and actually show our birds in poultry shows. Join an existing GBA or create your own and actually have poultry shows. Get as many serious members as possible and give everyone a chance to show their birds.
Take pictures of the poultry being shown and list who is showing their birds. Go into detail when writing down your show notes and publish them in this great magazine, The Gamecock seems to be our last magazine easily available in the states, lets support this magazine with not only pictures of our birds but with show results and notes.
Also, our fraternity has many breeders all over this country. Many are small breeders that are for the most part unknown to other breeders. Write articles on your birds and their history and share them with others through this magazine.
I also believe that joining the American Gamefowl Society is a great organization to join, Mr. Anthony Saville has done and is still doing much for our fraternity and his American Gamefowl Standards are a must for the serious breeder.
I will end this by saying; all of what I said here is my opinion and was based on what I have witnessed in my more than 25 years with gamefowl.
Welcome to the International Poultry Breeders Association! We are the first and only poultry pedigree website. The International Poultry Breeders Association was established to give poultry breeders of all breeds of feathered fowl, a way of organizing and maintaining a record of ancestral breeding. We support the rights of the breeders to own, breed, and market their choice of poultry breeds both nationally and internationally. The right to improve on breeds through selective breeding from a widely available and diverse gene pool from which to choose from as to bring the individual poultry breeders vision of perfection within his chosen breed to fruition and would also help with the marketability of those breeds of poultry not only nationally but also internationally to increase the populations of those breeds which is the main method used to prevent the extinction of a breed or species and with the IPBA’s goal of having a large database of fowl that the breeders can use to increase the chances of finding a line of fowl that can enhance traits that the breeders are seeking to incorporate into their own lines. The International Poultry Breeders Association are now closer to having a full and complete list of all poultry breeds. We have added Duck Breeds, Geese Breeds, Guinea Breeds, Pheasant Breeds, Pigeon Breeds, and Turkey Breeds.
IPBA Mission Statement
The International Poultry Breeders Association was established to give poultry breeders of all breeds of chickens a way of organizing and maintaining a record of ancestral breeding.
Selective breeding is the most important part of a chicken breeder’s strategy to reach the desired goal that he or she has set for the poultry breeders chosen breed or breeds. With the IPBA’s goal of having a large database of fowl that the breeders can use to increase the chances of finding a line of fowl that can enhance traits that the breeders are seeking to incorporate into their own lines. Having a database of breeders from all over the world to choose from is important for all breeders of fowl.
Goals that have been set for the IPBA
- To promote and protect all pure bred poultry breeds and breeders.
- To work alongside all recognized poultry organizations with the promotion and protection of the many different breeds and varieties of all of the recognized purebred fowl.
- To promote and encourage poultry shows as being the preferred method of educating both, breeders, young and old and the general public, in taking up poultry as a hobby and industry.
- To assist, encourage and help educate the junior poultry man to the sound and practical value of standard-bred poultry and pure breeding.
In pursuit of these goals, International Poultry Breeders Association, LLC. DBA Guillory Ventures, encourages sanctioned poultry shows internationally.
- American Bantam Association
- American Game Bantam Association
- American Gamefowl Society
- American Poultry Association
Why become a member?
To take advantages of the services offered by the International Poultry Breeders Association.
What are the services offered by The International Poultry Breeders Association?
The ability to create and maintain breeding records of your chicken flock(s) by entering pedigrees of all recognized chicken breeds into the IPBA’s database, Free access to the online forum and access to our free monthly newsletter just to name a few.
How do I register?
Click on the “My Account” tab at the top right side of the page and fill out the registration form.
Please notice that the confirmation code must be entered exactly as shown.
How do I enter pedigrees?
Login to the system, click on “add new pedigrees” and fill in the required information.
How do I manage and update my pedigrees?
Login to the system, click on “manage my pedigrees”, and find the pedigree you want to manage and click on edit or delete.
How do I communicate with other members?
Right now we prefer that members use the “Message Board” tab.
We will not publish our members personal email address without the individual member’s permission; we will however allow members to submit their own contact information to us for publication in our “Breeders Directory”. We are also creating an offsite traditional message board where members can communicate with each other.