I am glad that NFGB and its affiliates are sharing their profits.
When will the top five Filipino cockfighting federations or associations PROMOTE secularism?
- People with non-catholic and non-christian gods do exist in the Philippines since the ancient times.
- People with NO religion is rising worldwide including the Philippines. People who are good without “gods”.
Wikipedia mentioned the following:
- Sectarianism, according to one definition, is bigotry, discrimination, or hatred arising from attaching importance to perceived differences between subdivisions within a group, such as between different denominations of a religion, etc.
- Secularism is the principle of separation of government institutions, and the persons mandated to represent the State, from religious institutions and religious dignitaries. In one sense, secularism may assert the right to be free from religious rule and teachings, and the right to freedom from governmental imposition of religion upon the people within a state that is neutral on matters of belief.
Sectarianism end up in wars.
- Citizens killing fellow citizens. Civil War. Religious War. (e.g. Christians killing Muslims, etc.)
- Human killing fellow human. Imperialist War. Christian War. (e.g. Americans killing Afghanis, etc.)
The Philippines is a secular nation having a constitution separating the state and church. But Maria Lourdes Sereno, the current chief justice, always talk about “her god” in official public interviews.
- 2012-09-03 GMA Network News:
- Sereno’s repeated mention of God in her public statements has raised questions about her commitment to secularism. Results of a psychological test required by the Judicial and Bar Council and leaked to a newspaper purportedly cited her “religious preoccupation” as a liability.
- The results alleged the chief justice was “dramatic and emotional, she appears energetic and all smiles and agreeable, but with religious preoccupation in almost all significant aspects of her life…”
- Poliitical pundit and blogger Patricio Mangubat wrote that he found Sereno’s latest pronouncement “disturbing… since belief in God does not jibe with the overwhelming presupposition of a neutral or religiously non-biased Court. The Court should ever be non-committal in the worship or non-worship of a God. What the Court ‘worships’ is the Law.”
- 2013-08-28 LIVE Solar News Channel
- Sereno repeatedly defend her Christianity in public again.
– Gameness til the End
The Batangas Breeders Club (BBC) held their first general assembly for 2013 last Saturday, August 3rd. The venue was jampacked with members and guests from different walks of life. The Invocation was even led by BBC’s first sponsored seminarian, Bro. John Brille M. Jusi. Mr. Fred Katigbak, BBC President and concurrent President of NFGB Foundation, proudly presented to the members their 12 scholars from De La Salle Lipa: 4 in grade 7, 5 in grade 8, 2 college students, and 1 seminarian. All of these scholars will be sponsored through college, after which they are expected to pay it forward by co-sponsoring the next batch of scholars after them to ensure the continuity of the project and give the children some sense of fulfilment that they are able to share the blessings that they received through the scholarship.
The earlier part of the program was devoted to the various charity projects of BBC as well as orientation among the members about the NFGB Foundation and how fund allocation for charity work is determined. The members were informed that the Federation matches every entry they field in for the Bakbakan equivalent to one thousand pesos for the Foundation. Therefore, as they field in more entries, more fund is allocated for the charity projects of their association. And with the fund allocation from NFGB Foundation, they signed a Memorandum of Agreement with the Honorable Mayor of Malvar, Carlito Reyes, and Ms. Wennie Gonzales, Principal of Sitio Balayan Elementary School. This was witnessed by all the members and guests present including NFGB Executive Director and Foundation Vice President ArnelAnonuevo, NFGB Board Member and MIGBA President Juanito Nasser, RGBA President Joey Sy, and TAGBA President Jess Beltran. Ms. Gonzales expressed heartfelt gratitude to the BBC and NFGB Foundation for nurturing the children of Sitio Balayan Elementary School by making this project possible. The principal said she felt proud and honoured that there are people in the gaming industry who facilitate projects for children’s education in an environment that is conducive to learning. Sitio Balayan is fortunate, she said, for having BBC assist the 42 pupils who will directly benefit from this classroom.
The whole day assembly was culminated by awarding of trophies and grand raffle draw where major prizes were given away. At the end of the long day, everyone in attendance left the hall filled with joy and hope for they are now more aware of their social responsibility and how they are able to help their fellowmen.