I am glad that NFGB and its affiliates are sharing their profits.
When will the top five Filipino cockfighting federations or associations PROMOTE secularism?
- People with non-catholic and non-christian gods do exist in the Philippines since the ancient times.
- People with NO religion is rising worldwide including the Philippines. People who are good without “gods”.
Wikipedia mentioned the following:
- Sectarianism, according to one definition, is bigotry, discrimination, or hatred arising from attaching importance to perceived differences between subdivisions within a group, such as between different denominations of a religion, etc.
- Secularism is the principle of separation of government institutions, and the persons mandated to represent the State, from religious institutions and religious dignitaries. In one sense, secularism may assert the right to be free from religious rule and teachings, and the right to freedom from governmental imposition of religion upon the people within a state that is neutral on matters of belief.
Sectarianism end up in wars.
- Citizens killing fellow citizens. Civil War. Religious War. (e.g. Christians killing Muslims, etc.)
- Human killing fellow human. Imperialist War. Christian War. (e.g. Americans killing Afghanis, etc.)
The Philippines is a secular nation having a constitution separating the state and church. But Maria Lourdes Sereno, the current chief justice, always talk about “her god” in official public interviews.
- 2012-09-03 GMA Network News:
- Sereno’s repeated mention of God in her public statements has raised questions about her commitment to secularism. Results of a psychological test required by the Judicial and Bar Council and leaked to a newspaper purportedly cited her “religious preoccupation” as a liability.
- The results alleged the chief justice was “dramatic and emotional, she appears energetic and all smiles and agreeable, but with religious preoccupation in almost all significant aspects of her life…”
- Poliitical pundit and blogger Patricio Mangubat wrote that he found Sereno’s latest pronouncement “disturbing… since belief in God does not jibe with the overwhelming presupposition of a neutral or religiously non-biased Court. The Court should ever be non-committal in the worship or non-worship of a God. What the Court ‘worships’ is the Law.”
- 2013-08-28 LIVE Solar News Channel
- Sereno repeatedly defend her Christianity in public again.
– Gameness til the End
The National Federation of Gamefowl Breeders (NFGB), organizer of BAKBAKAN National Stag Derby, established the NFGB Foundation in 2008 as part of its corporate social responsibility to share in nation building and contribute to the improvement of the quality of lives of fellow Filipinos. In fact, the Federation had been sponsoring various charities even before the Foundation was conceived.
The NFGB Foundation itself had implemented a total of 14 projects so far through its member associations plus 4 currently being implemented. These projects include –
In the area of education:
- Awarding of scholarship grants to deserving college students whose families are financially challenged, which was started with 3 seminarians from Don Bosco Batulao in June of 2010. Two of them are now in fourth year.
- Donation of school supplies to the poorest school children in grade school implemented by TAGBA.
- Provision of allowance to 8 college students implemented by NMGBA.
- IT short course scholarship provided by GBAP.
- Scholarship to 20 college students provided by NGBA.
- Construction of a 2-classroom building for an elementary school being implemented by RGBA.
- Donation of school supplies to public school children within Baguio City and Tuba Benguet implemented by UBBBA.
- Scholarship program of CVGBA for 20 college students in Cagayan Valley.
In the area of medical/health care:
1. Medical missions organized by the Foundation in MalasiquiPangasinan and San Mateo Rizal participated in by the officers and members themselves.
2. Cataract operation in the Visayas implemented by PAGBA.
3. Medical mission implemented by LAGBA.
4. Cataract and cleft lip surgical procedures implemented by UCBA.
5. Donation of medical supplies and essential medicines to various hospitals and health facilities in the province of Albay implemented by BIGBA.
6. Improvement of Health Center implemented by UGBAT.
7. Repair of senior citizens’ hall by GPGBI.
8. Calamity assistance fund for victims all over Luzon of typhoon Ondoy in 2009 and Habagat in 2011.
9. Donation of rubber boat for Calumpit Rescue Team by BGBA.
10. Cash donation to Bethlehem House of Bread Orphanage through BGBA.
In the area of livelihood:
- Provision of additional fund for existing livelihood projects in South Cotabato Detention and Rehabilitation Center implemented by SGBA.
- Donation of hi-speed sewing machines for the livelihood of farm workers’ wives in Ilocos implemented by UNIGBA.
The National Federation of Gamefowl Breeders (NFGB) is the first and biggest organization of game fowl breeders in the country. Since its founding in 2000, NFGB has grown to 36 associations with over 5,000 members. Its aim is to unify all breeders in the country to improve the breeding of game fowl as well as to foster camaraderie amongst them. After all, the NFGB is not just about breeding roosters for BAKBAKAN but, moreso, a breeding ground for charity.
Contact NFGB for more information on the NFGB Foundation. Visit also the NFGB Foundation on Facebook.