At the bottom is a bill (proposed law) in Mexico. It must be stopped.
LIBERTY: FREEDOM of EVERYTHING
Progressive Laws are becoming the norm.
But Oppressive Laws are always at hand because of sheeple. The lobbyists manipulate sheeple to vote for these oppressive laws. It is in the lobbyists’ interest because it is their only financial income – their so called non-profit organizations. Which are in fact, big salaries and expenses budget for these lobbyists. These lobbyists do not have a purpose in life.
Liberty as the PRIMARY RULE will stop these mind control on sheeple.
- How can a non-animal owner tell an animal whisperer how to talk with animals?
- What can a liberty hater tell to a liberty lover?
- What can an ignorant person tell to an expert person?
I mentioned in previous articles that I grew up with animals (water buffalos, cattle, hogs, dogs, geese, chickens) meaning raising them from womb to grave.
I loved seeing as a child:
- my first calf
- my first piglet
- my first puppy
- my first goose chick
- my first chicken chick
I enjoyed their growing days, weeks, months, years.
Our animal pets have done their purpose in life.
- Buffalo plow our land, provide us meat and skin as food
- Cattle provide us beef
- Hogs provide us pork
- Dogs provide us guard, hunting companion and meat too (for me, char grilled skin then marinaded them in species and vinegar)
- Geese provide us guard, eggs and meat
- Chickens provide us eggs and meat
- Gamecocks provide us Sports Individuality
I butchered my chickens, my hogs and my dogs before high school. Our buffalos, cattle and hogs are common diet to me as a child even today. We raised gamecocks to fight. We do not sell gamecocks as a living but do sell very few if they do not end up in the table.
I also enjoyed using leather products – seats, belts, shoes, backpacks. Be it buffalo leather, cattle leather, hog leather, etc.
Farming and raising animals is a dedication and livelihood. Financial budget dictates the best care you can provide. But the important thing to remember, these animals are yours. No one must tell you how to care for your animals. As no one can tell a battleground general how to wage war at that moment.
For chicken industry, backyard raisers have their own ways and means. Same goes with commercial poultry (broilers and layers) whether outdoor free range farming or indoor cage farming. Gamecock raisers also have their own ways and means. All of these different kinds of raisers have their rights to do whatever they need be done with their animals. It is in their own best interest to care for these animals. It is their money to buy feed, vet meds, facilities, equipments, etc.
Obviuosly, I consider my self a freethinker and not a sheeple. I fight for individual liberty. Not mind controls – which are actually financial gain to the one doing the mind control.
- Have you donated to a cause because you were manipulated without you knowing it?
- Have you volunteer to do a cause yourself instead of donating?
- Have you voted for oppressive laws?
- Have been oppressed with these laws?
- Do you think on your own to know the truth?
- Do you just obey and not want to learn the truth?
Guess, let’s refresh our minds about freedom and choice. And individual liberties.
Freedom of Religion
You can be either a devote catholic, a non-practicing catholic, a devote muslim, a non-practicing muslim, etc. As long as you do not make your religious beliefs into LAWS then you are respecting Liberty. Thus, you have not done a crime against liberty.
Freethinkers, atheists, agnostics, humanists, etc. champion Liberty of everyone including religious people. Freethinkers do not oppress catholics by making LAWS against the practice of christianity. Catholics can practice catholic monogamous marriage, catholic baptism, catholic burial, catholic pro-life, etc.
But catholics are oppressive by making LAWS against abortion, divorce, cousin marriage, child marriage, polygamous marriage, same sex marriage, etc. Also catholics meddle on condom and other contraceptives usage by non-catholics. Catholics do tend to forget the separation of state and church. They forget that they are not the only people of a nation or of the world. They are still in a crusade against non-catholics. Subconsciously or consciously. At war to conquer non-catholics.
Same goes with most religions.
Freedom of Profession
Prostitution as a legal profession exist already in most countries and must be spread to all countries and all cities of the world. Prostitution is honest professional work. Prostitutes deserve respect like engineers, scientists, etc. It must be respected by all mankind. You may choose to not do it but respect others who choose to do it.
Do you say Legal Engineer? Or Legal Scientist? If not, no need for the term – “Legal Prostitute”. Prostitution endeavors are equal to engineering and scientific endeavors. Prostitute is an individual who provide services like an engineer or a scientist provides services.
Freedom of Body
Alcohol, abortion, cigar, marijuana, etc. are personal choices. It is must be respected by all mankind. You may choose to not do it but respect others who choose to do it.
Freedom of Love
Child marriage, cousin marriage, same sex marriage are equal to heterosexual marriage. They are legal in most countries or population of the world. It is must be respected by all mankind. You may choose to not do it but respect others who choose to do it.
Polygamy are equal to monogamy. It is legal in most countries or population of the world. It is must respected by all mankind. You may choose to not do it but respect others who choose to do it.
We Are Cockfighters – FIRST
- We are LIBERTY activists for all liberties in the world, FIRST.
- We are parents, friends, acquaintances, etc., SECOND.
- We are christians, muslims, capitalists, nationalists, etc., VERY LAST. (Mind controls are the cause of wars in this world. To exterminate others not with the elites who rule their group’s mind control. We need to keep these mind control ideologies in private if you cannot live without them. And THINK of LIBERTY for ALL in public.)
Cockfighting As Religion
- LIBERTY is our goal. Cockfighters respect LIBERTY of everyone.
Cockfighting As Political Party
- LIBERTY is our goal. Cockfighters respect LIBERTY of everyone.
– Gameness til the End
General Measure of dignity and respect towards animals
Sep 12, 2011 (Read source; these are translated by google)
Achieve an ecological balance and a healthy environment should be a priority in the work of all government. Among these features include the dignified and respectful treatment to be given to the animal species in order to avoid cruelty against him and fight for a more responsible society.
Both the national and international legal framework has included the term animal welfare as a pillar of protection and care of animals. This well is based on the idea that human beings have a responsibility to provide conditions that not only minimize their suffering, but to help them reach their full potential.
In order to promote this important issue within the international community, the World Society for the Protection of Animals (WSPA for its acronym in English) has developed the Universal Declaration on Animal Welfare (UDAW), an instrument that sets out basic principles to create more awareness for individuals and restrict the actions we have over animals. It recognizes not only that animals are sentient beings and therefore deserve due consideration and respect, but also that humans co-exist on this planet with other species to form an interdependent ecosystem.
Now it is our duty to develop an adequate legal framework to eradicate animal cruelty and welfare needs of these beings, considering that the culture of a country also note the treatment given to all living beings.
From the analysis made by experts and animal welfare organizations who participated in forums held in recent months, one can conclude that the animal welfare issue goes beyond environmental issues and public health in the area confined mainly to the collective ethic . Organizations converge on the urgent need for measures that promote decent and responsible treatment of animals, since there are various problems caused by the abuse of these beings.
In recent years we have witnessed countless scenes of abuse to all animals, situations that cause them pain,unnecessary suffering or stress, which range from negligence in the care commodities (such as the omission in the provision of shelter, food and / care or veterinary appropriate) to acts of torture, mutilation or cruel sacrifice and intentional. These actions by themselves are unjustifiable and morally reprehensible, can also lead to damage to society as a) the negative effects of overpopulation of animals originated on the street and b) causing violence among the systematic mistreatment of animals .
a) The overpopulation of animals can generate not only environmental problems, but public health and social activities, mainly for animal attacks that are not under the care of responsible people. Another consequence of overcrowding are zoonotic diseases that are generated by direct contact with animals not receiving proper veterinary care. [i]
In this regard, it should be mentioned that in the capital alone there are around 120,000 stray dogs, which produce from 1.080 to 1.800 tons per month of feces, according to Public Health Services of the City, which can lead to environmental pollution or food and, therefore, respiratory and gastrointestinal diseases. In addition, annually treats between 16 and 18 thousand people from dog bites.
b) The actions committed against animals bear some relation to the violence perpetrated against others. Among the sociological and criminological studies have examined this link is the investigation of Merz-Perez, Heide and Silverman entitled child cruelty to animals and subsequent violence against humans , which found a significant relationship between actions. Also, Hensley, Tallichet and Dutkiewicz, arrived in 2009 to the same conclusion even after considering demographic variables such as people, their education level and location of your home.
In this sense, the Animal Welfare Foundation of Argentina has indicated that individuals who abuse animals are 11 times more likely to commit violent crimes than those who never have. That is, the care of animals is not only an ethical issue or environment, but one more element to avoid the culture of violence.
One solution to the problems outlined above it is the regulation of the dignified and respectful treatment of animals by their guardians or caregivers [ii] (both breeders, trainers, animal care centers, etc.). because They are responsible for meeting the physical, psychological and environmental impact of animals and to prevent any risk they may cause to the community (potential aggression, disease transmission or damage to third parties).
The importance of these actions can be dimensioned considering the number of p erros donated by their owners to rabies centers is three times the crews picked up by dogs. T n only in the Federal District, during the year 2010 26.839 sacrificed pet rabies in the two centers that depend on Veterinary Public Health Services of the Federal District, [iii] and only 1 in 10 animals at- street that come to these centers are claimed by their owners.
It added that in 3 out of 10 households have a dog confined, tied or living on the roof, while only 10 percent have responsible owners (the rest spend most time on the street without care or necessary vaccinations ). In Mexico City, for example, only in two years attended the Animal Surveillance Brigadade 7.013 complaints related to animal abuse, aggressive animals, voluntary surrenders, animal rescue and wildlife and pets that cause discomfort to the population, channeling 587 animals to the Canine Control Centers for causing personal injury. [iv]
To this is added as the abuse inflicted on animals used in public performances such as circus horses and ponies go up to 96% of the time strings tied to short length, the tigers and lions spend between 75 and 99% of the time in cages located in the trucks and the elephants spend from 58 to 98% less time chained to the leg, according to the organization Animal Defenders International (ADI) . [v]
All this highlights the need for a legislation from the federal level, the bases for local laws and state and municipal governments in a coordinated and uniformly apply the same measures dignified and respectful treatment of animals, promoting a new environmental ethic.
Current legal framework
The Congress, exercising its powers, has amended various jurisdictions to legislate animal protection and welfare, but without a clear purpose or uniform policy. For example, the General Law of Ecological Equilibrium and Environmental Protection states that the preservation and sustainable use of wildlife should consider, among other criteria, promoting dignity and respect to animal species in order to prevent cruelty against him, subject to be regulated by the three tiers of government according to Article 87 Bis 2 of that order.
Also, the Animal Health Act lays the groundwork for the diagnosis, prevention, control and eradication of pests and diseases that affect animals as well as to ensure their welfare, which is defined as “all activities aimed at provide comfort, tranquility, protection and security to the animals during breeding, maintenance, use, transport and slaughter, “thereby reducing the protection of those animals for human consumption. However, despite its purpose is animal health, the Act also includes articles that regulate the protection of domestic animals, thereby reinforcing the power of Congress to legislate on the subject: [vi]
Article 21 .- The owners or occupiers of domestic or wild animals in captivity , they must provide food and water in adequate quantity and quality according to their species and stage of production.
Animals should be subject to a preventive medicine program under the supervision of a veterinarian, and must be checked and serviced regularly. Also they provide immediate care for illness or injury.
Article 23 .- The humane killing of any animal not intended for human consumption , only be justified if their welfare is compromised by the suffering he causes an accident, illness, disability or senile disorders, possibly after consulting a veterinarian except for those animal species that for whatever reason, the Secretariat or the Secretary of Health and Environment and Natural Resources, to determine as a threat to animal or human health or the environment.
The slaughter of animals intended for slaughter shall be conducted according to the techniques of killing as determined by the Secretariat.
The animal health provisions establish the measures, conditions and procedures for stunning and slaughter of animals.
For its part, the Wildlife Act is aimed at conservation and sustainable use of wildlife. However, it also contains provisions to regulate feral populations, ie those specimens of domestic species, to be beyond the control of man, set out in the natural habitat of wildlife and which allows the application of measures for their control and eradication.
In addition to the aforementioned provisions, the Ministries of Agriculture, Livestock , Development , Fisheries and Food and Health, Mexican Official Standards issued to regulate the treatment should be given to pets but from a focus on the animal health, as is the case with the following rules:
a) NOM-042-SSA2-2006 on sanitary specifications for canine care centers;
b) NOM-033-ZOO-1995 on humane killing of pets;
c) NOM-045-ZOO-1995 on animal health characteristics for the operation of establishments where animals are concentrated fairs, exhibitions, auctions, flea markets and similar events, and
d) NOM-051-ZOO-1995 on the mobilization humane treatment of animals.
As can be seen that the existing provisions on animal protection are dispersed, making them insufficient to meet animal welfare problems that arise in the country. Added to this is that almost 30 years of the enactment of the first state law on the subject, not all states have laws and they do have are extremely heterogeneous in terms of animal protection and social participation.
In other words, existing legislation as well as being confusing and ambiguous lacks a common thread to seek humane treatment of all animals, not just those used for human consumption or considered wild.
Thus, the approval of a General Law on dignity and respect to Animals (same that is based on fractions XXX XXIX-G and Article 73 of the Constitution) is necessary to promote a new environmental ethic and provide authorities the three branches of government of an effective legal framework that allows them to punish behavior that affect the welfare of animals, which come to cruelty, abuse and unjustified killing. This must be rectified in the gaps and inconsistencies in current legislation.
The animal welfare implies not only provide basic care such as health, adequate food and rest area to protect them from inclement weather. It also includes measures that allow them to develop the activities of its kind. In this way, people must commit themselves to a series of obligations focused on meeting the physical, psychological and environmental impacts of animal at all times prevent the damages that may result to the community or the environment, either by aggression, disease transmission or damage to persons and property.
Taking into account the above, this law is based on several principles. The first and foremost is the recognition that the care and protection of animals lies directly with their guardians, from the maintenance of the animal according to their physiological requirements to their consideration as being with the establishment of a link and therefore , can not be abandoned. This responsibility involves avoiding uncontrolled reproduction of animals and the harm that might cause to third parties, which binds to the second principle: the respect due to people who do not live with animals.
Thus, among the measures proposed to ensure dignified and respectful treatment of animals are the following:
- It establishes the fundamental principle that those responsible for animals should seek the same care to all , regardless of whether they are home, work, sports, used for exhibitions or shows.
- It identifies actions to be taken to prevent uncontrolled reproduction of animals, emphasizing the importance of the campaigns of sterilization and adoption of animals as the most effective measures to solve the problem of overpopulation.
- The prohibition of underage entry to any show which avoids pain or suffering to animals.
- It establishes the gradual disappearance of circuses that use animals, and the ban on bullfighting, bulls and calves as of January 2012 .
- The ban on media dissemination activities that foster animal abuse as the case of bullfighting. (According to a survey by Parametría last year, 90% of Mexicans approve of this measure).
- The establishment of prohibitions such as skinning animals alive, involved in fights of any kind, selling them in the street, slaughtered for no reason , among others.
- The regulation of the delivery and sale of animals , as well as care and treatment to be given to those identified as abandoned.
- The citizen participation in the care and protection of animals.
- The regulation of establishments that for whatever reason have contact with animals. In particular, it refocuses the work of the so-called centers for rabies control centers and animal care , which seek a harmonious relationship between society and animals.
- The inclusion in the plans and programs of study of preschool, primary and secondary, as well as textbooks,contents that promote a culture of respect for animals .
- It states that the use of animals in research or experimentation is justified only when absolutely necessary for the study and advancement of science, and provided that there is an alternative method of the replacement, taking into account that there are now advanced procedures such as cultures in vitro, movies, computer models, etc..
- It states that the management and use of animals for teaching and research, institutions must develop training programs on protection and respectful treatment of animals by raising awareness of students and teachers in the experimental animal.
- The establishment of restrictions for the possession of exotic or different from those traditionally considered as pets.
- It is established that the states must annually allocate sufficient resources for the operation of the Centers for animal care and control and the Center for Conservation and Research Wildlife in order to fulfill the functions mentioned in this Law and the Law General Wildlife, respectively.
- The regulation of anonymous complaint against infringements committed against the provisions of this law.
In short, it ensures the protection of the 5 “freedoms” of the animals that are recognized in the Universal Declaration on Animal Welfare: 1) that are free from hunger, thirst and malnutrition; 2) of fear and anxiety, 3) physical and thermal discomfort, 4) pain, injury and disease, and 5) they are free to express normal patterns of behavior. Also included are the three “R’s” that serve as a guide to provide adequate treatment: to reduce animal overpopulation, to refine the experimental methods and replace animals with the latest techniques.
For all the above, and in accordance with the provisions of Article 73, paragraph XXIX-G and XXX of the Constitution of the United Mexican States, I submit for the consideration of this Honorable Assembly the following:
PROJECT INITIATIVE WITH DECREE IS ISSUED BY THE GENERAL LAW ON dignified and respectful treatment of animals
Article One .- The General Law on issues treated with dignity and respect for the animal:
GENERAL LAW ON dignity and respect
Article 1 .- This Act is of public order and general observance throughout the Republic, Article 73 regulatory XXIX-G of the Constitution. Its purpose is to establish the concurrence of the federation, the states, municipalities and the Federal District territorial boundaries, within their respective jurisdictions, in dignified and respectful treatment of animals.
Article 2 .- For the purposes of this Act, in addition to the concepts defined in the General Law of Ecological Equilibrium and Environmental Protection, the Wildlife Act and the Federal Animal Health Law, shall apply:
- Animal abandoned: those who, having been under the care and protection of the human being left without the care or protection of their guardians. It also refers to those who freely roam the streets without identification plate or other form of identification;
- Pets: LL Dogs and cats living and make people company home entertainment purposes, educational or social;
- Animal sports: those used in the practice of a sport;
- Pet animals are raised and live under the direct dependence of people;
- Working animals: those used by humans to transport people or goods, or to perform work for the benefit of people. Also included animals used for work protection and safety;
- Animals on display: those who are in captivity in zoos, aquariums, aviaries, educational farms and similar publicly owned spaces;
- Animal shows: animals that are used for or in a public spectacle in the training of human beings;
- Animal protection associations, legally constituted associations whose main purpose is the defense, assistance, protection and animal welfare, and education and awareness of society.
- Animal Welfare: The condition that the animals can meet their health needs, behavioral and physiological according to their species. It also includes the prevention and treatment of disorders caused their captivity;
- Control centers and animal care, public schools designed to capture feral or stray animals, and provide the necessary care to ensure the protection and welfare of animals as outpatient service worming and sterilization surgery Pet
- Cruelty: The act of brutal, sadistic or zoophilic against any animal, either by direct action or negligence;
- Law: General Law on dignity and respect to animals;
- Abuse: means any event, act or omission of the human being that can cause pain or suffering to animals, endangering their life or seriously affect your health. Which includes the exploitation of their work and their isolation;
- Guardian or responsible: the individual or entity that has an animal under their care;
- Humanitarian sacrifice: the sacrifice necessary to humane methods practiced on any animal quickly, without pain or unnecessary suffering, using physical or chemical methods, performed by trained personnel and according to the official Mexican standards issued for this purpose;
- Suffering: Suffering caused by various reasons that threatens the health, integrity or animal life;
Article 3 .- The provisions of this Act are to establish the basis for:
- Ensuring the welfare of animals prevent disease and suffering;
- Regular dignified and respectful treatment of animals by controlling their reproduction systems to prevent cruelty;
- Encourage the participation of public and private sectors in promoting a culture of respect for animals and their welfare;
- Promote the ecological, social and cultural levels is the procurement of adequate animal welfare;
- Ensure the responsible participation of the people, individually and collectively, in the protection of animals;
- Promote mechanisms of coordination between authorities of the federation, states, municipalities and territorial boundaries, and between them and the social and private sectors, in terms of animal protection, and
- Ensure compliance with and enforcement of this Act, and the imposition of administrative penalties that apply.
Article 4. The present law concerning the protection and welfare of animals in the care and direct responsibility of an individual or corporation, who shall comply with the obligations set forth herein.
Distribution of responsibilities and coordination
Article 5. The Federation, states, municipalities and Federal District demarcations exercise his powers in the protection and welfare, in accordance with the distribution of powers laid down in this Law and other legal.
Article 6. The powers of the Federation:
- The design, conduct and evaluation of national policy worthy and responsible treatment of animals;
- The implementation of mechanisms to maintain the balance of abandoned pets and to avoid overcrowding and undue sacrifice;
- The establishment of a Citizens’ Council pa for the Protection of Animals that will design and evaluate the policies being implemented at national level;
- The monitoring of policies to protect animals that are working in the facilities of the departments or agencies of the Federal Public Administration;
- The issuance of official Mexican standards and monitoring compliance in the matters referred to in this Act;
- The promotion of social participation in the protection and animal welfare;
- Promoting a culture of respect for all animals and their welfare, as well as dissemination of information permanently in this area;
- The integration of a census to regulate and control the population of domestic animal species and abandoned the National System of Environmental and Natural Resources;
- The issuance of recommendations to federal, state and municipal, in order to promote the protection and animal welfare;
- Monitoring and promotion, within its competence, compliance with this Law and other systems derived from it;
- The determination of the characteristics for the operation of establishments where animals are concentrated fairs, exhibitions and similar events, and
- Other than this Act or other laws accrues to the Federation.
Article 7. up to the states and the Federal District:
- Formulating, conducting and evaluating state policy of dignified and respectful treatment of animals, in accordance with the policy designed by the federation;
- Install and operate, in coordination with municipalities and delegations and protective associations, the Centers for animal care and control in order to avoid unwarranted abuse and sacrifice, trying at all times the protection, preservation and decent treatment of animals;
- Make permanent health campaigns to control and eradication of zoonotic diseases, as well as worming and sterilization, in coordination with municipalities or delegations and animal protection associations;
- Install Citizen Councils to monitor the treatment provided at the Centers for animal care and control, and the due compliance with the provisions of this Act;
- Monitor policies for the protection of animals who are working in the facilities of the departments or agencies of the local Public Administration;
- Regulate and monitor the use of animals in public shows, and to establish measures aimed at the gradual disappearance of the circuses that use animals;
- Agreements with public and private institutions, technology and higher education, to provide care for abandoned animals;
- Establish and operate the registry of animal protection associations and included in the National System of Environmental and Natural Resources;
- Develop policies for the management, control and remediation of problems associated with abandoned and stray animals;
- Promoting social participation in these matters;
- Point at the expense budget for the amount allocated to the operation of the Centers for animal care and control, and the Center for Conservation and Wildlife Research to fulfill the duties stipulated in this Law and legal systems; and
- Other than this Act or other laws assigned to them.
Article 8. up to the municipalities and the Political-Administrative Bodies:
- Orders in respect to animal welfare;
- Implement permanent operational to monitor the sale of pets in legally authorized commercial establishments, as well as prevent and punish their marketing in public;
- Create and operate the register of providers of services related to the processing, treatment, processing, utilization and marketing of fish, animal parts and derivatives, and monitor their activities are conducted with adherence to this Law This standard will be incorporated into National System of Environmental and Natural Resources;
- Authorize and update the registration of establishments concerned with the management, care, production and sale of animals, it will be incorporated into the National System of Environmental and Natural Resources;
- Collect abandoned or feral animals on public roads and to direct the control centers and animal care or animal welfare organizations with facilities for the shelter of animals;
- Implement permanent operating to prevent the slaughter of animals for industrial processing;
- Implement ongoing campaigns and free vaccination, sterilization and adoption of pets;
- Conduct public education programs on animal welfare;
- Implement the sacrifice of animals in the terms of this Act and enable incineration facilities for animals and make them available to people who need it;
- To assist the Federation to integrate the National System of Environmental and Natural Resources of the census and abandoned domestic animal species that are in its territory;
- Monitor policies for the protection of animals who are working in local public facilities;
- Check if there is complaint about noise, overcrowding, lack of health and safety and foul odors that result from raising or breeding of animals at the expense of animal welfare and human health;
- Address the complaints made and impose penalties under the terms of this Act;
- Respond to dangerous situations for animal aggression, and
- Other than this Act or other laws assigned to them.
Article 9 .- The government agencies that operate programs for the protection of animals and the preservation of public health shall establish appropriate coordination to streamline its business and meet its objectives.
The federal executive bodies and establish coordination mechanisms that involve the participation of the Ministries of Agriculture, Livestock, Rural Development, Fisheries and Food, Environment and Natural Resources and Health, with the aim for uniformity in policies animal welfare and protection. These units have the assignment to develop, modify or cancel the official Mexican standards in this Act, where assumptions are changed scientifically regulated.
The authorities of the three levels of government implemented program actions on animal welfare and protection in metropolitan areas. They should also participate in training and retraining of staff in the treatment, socialization, interaction and handling of animals through courses, workshops, publications and other projects that contribute to that end.
Article 10 .- The government agencies, pursuant to applicable law, monitor the radio and television programs do not include or display the contents of which encourage the mistreatment of animals. In addition, promote the transmission of programs that foster a culture of respect towards animals.
You may not use public resources to finance shows where animals are used for any purpose.
Article 11 .- In order to monitor the strict enforcement of this Act, the federal and state governments will have the powers set forth herein and may conclude agreements for coordination.
Article 12 .- The Congress of States and the Federal District Legislative Assembly, issued the legal provisions necessary to regulate, within their competence, the matters referred to in this Act
Article 13 .- In terms of the General Law of Education, the educational authorities should be incorporated into the plans and curricula and textbooks in content that promote a culture of respect for the animals, considering the opinion of the various social sectors involved in education.
For the management and use of animals for teaching and research, institutions must develop training programs on protection and welfare, in coordination with relevant educational authorities and animal protection associations.
The dignified, respectful and responsible
Article 14 .- The heads of domestic and wild animals in captivity must provide food and water in adequate quantity and quality, plus the necessary care that enable them to perform the activities of their species and reproductive stage, providing accommodation to safeguard the climate.
Animals should be subject to a preventive medicine program under the supervision of a veterinarian and must be regularly reviewed and addressed. It also will provide immediate care for illness or injury.
Article 15 .- The heads of animals do not inflict any harm or abuse and will provide sanitary conditions for their development.
Article 16 .- The humane killing of any animal not intended for human consumption only be justified if their welfare is compromised by the suffering he causes an accident, illness, disability or disorder, senile opinion from a veterinarian, with the exception of those animal species that the Department of Environment and Natural Resources and the Ministry of Health considered a threat to human or animal health or the environment.
Federal authorities issued official Mexican standards established by the measures, conditions and procedures for stunning and slaughter of animals, which will make a instant and painless.
Article 17 .- It is prohibited for any person:
- The abandonment of any animal;
- Abuse or physical aggression to any animal;
- Any mutilation, impaired physical appearance or adverse modification of animal instincts, except in cases which are necessary for health reasons or by assuming a future benefit to the animal, which is made by a veterinarian with valid identification card;
- Causing the death of animals by poisoning, suffocation, the use of corrosive acids and piercing-cutting tools, punches, and the use of methods or procedures that cause pain or prolong the agony of these;
- Enter live animals in hot or boiling liquids;
- Skinning live animals;
- The sale of animals on the streets or in any establishment that does not have the requirements stated in applicable law;
- Conduct euthanasia of animals in public, except for reasons of imminent danger that threatens the integrity of persons and to avoid prolonging the agony of the animal when it is not possible to immediately transfer to a suitable place;
- Allow the presence of minors in animal control facilities and any act involving torture, abuse or death of any animal, and
- Celebrate bullfights, bulls and calves.
Article 18 .- Those responsible for domestic animals are prohibited:
- Killing them, except in cases provided for in Article 16 of this Law;
- Involve in fights of any kind;
- Walking their animals without identification plate or other means of identification, without control due to avoid damages to persons or property;
- The sale or exchange of animals, except in establishments authorized by the competent authority;
- The gift of any animal as advertising, sales promotion or as prizes in games, fairs, raffles and all kinds of events;
- Engage in animal husbandry without proper permission;
- Dispose of domestic animals for experimental and other scientific purposes not authorized or legally recognized;
- Keep tethered animals or isolated for most of the time and / or limiting their basic movements, and
- Leave the feces of pets on sidewalks, gardens and, in general, public or private spaces for common use.
Article 19 .- The competent authority in the Mexican Official Standards species of wild animals that can not be kept as pets by the inability to meet their health needs, physiological and behavioral.
The Centers for animal care and control must have a public education program on the responsibility and potential risks of keeping wild animals in captivity.
Article 20 .- The heads of animals shall take the necessary measures so that they can not cause excessive noise and nuisance odors, or constitute a danger, threat or harm to people, animals or things. They should also take steps to prevent uncontrolled reproduction and proceed to sterilization.
Movement and housing of animals
Article 21 .- The animals were to be mobilized under the best possible conditions to enable their welfare, according to the characteristics and needs of its kind.
The competent authorities issue official Mexican standards in order to implement the systems and equipment designs in herding, ramps, containers and vehicles used for animal movement, which will allow to fulfill the purposes stated in this law.
In any case, mobilizing the heads of animals should keep them quiet at all times, acting without abruptness, avoiding excessive noise or shouting or hitting so that the animals do not suffer stress or hurt, assault or fight.
Article 22 .- The competent authorities will be coordinated so that the checkpoints provide the necessary care is to check the welfare of animals being transported.
Article 23 .- The locations and facilities where animals are housed should have a range that allows them freedom of movement and the conditions necessary to avoid causing any injury, illness, anxiety or stress.
The authorities issue official Mexican standards to regulate the housing of domestic animals, work, sports and entertainment, ensuring their welfare at all times under the terms established by this Act
Article 24 .- The states issued laws to regulate the operation of control centers and animal care and facilities for animal protection associations for the safeguard of any establishment where animals are temporarily pets, wild and abandoned, with strict adherence to the provisions of this Act
Article 25 .- Upon arrival at the Control Center and animal care, animals must undergo an evaluation by a veterinarian in order to decide their fate, which may be relocating with a family, stay in the center or death without pain or suffering.
All animals arriving in the facility should be sterilized.
Article 26 .- The animals that are captured in Centers of animal care and control that are not claimed by her guardian or responsible in one hundred and twenty hours, will be given to animal protection associations express request when half of them . Otherwise, they should be killed without pain and suffering in terms of Article 16 of this Law
To accomplish this, the Centers for animal care and control will disclose the photographs and information available from each of the animals on the website that is designed for that purpose.
Of animals for sport, work, on display and for shows
Article 27 .- The competent authorities monitor the animals for sport, work, exhibition and entertainment, are in perfect health and physical condition to carry out their activities. In case of animals suffering from any illness or injury, the owners or owners who force them to perform their functions will be sanctioned under the terms of this Act
Article 28 .- Any person who engages in the breeding, sale or training of animals is required to have appropriate authorization and to make use of appropriate procedures and have all the necessary means so that the animals in their development treated with dignity and respect, in accordance with the corresponding official Mexican standards.
Article 29 .- All event related fairs, exhibitions and the like, must be authorized by the competent authority and subject to regular supervision by veterinarians. In addition, there will be throughout the event with veterinarians, who will be responsible for monitoring the health status of animals as well as the humane treatment of them.
Article 30 .- For the authorities authorized the organization of fairs, exhibitions and similar events, should be the following:
- I. Submit an event to the authorization of the competent authority at least 60 days prior to it;
- II. The document should be noted that the applicant has adequate facilities to ensure the welfare of animals in accordance with the provisions of the official Mexican standard in question;
- III. This should be verified and determined by the technical personnel designated by the competent official;
In case of refusal for the cause of inadequate facilities, the applicant will have a deadline for correcting them, subject to further verification.
Article 31 .- Work animals can be used to provide therapy, providing security to people and property, detecting drugs or explosives, search and rescue, as well as for shooting, loading and riding. The frequency of their use should not compromise their welfare, so it should not work for periods in excess of its strength and causing pain, suffering, injury, illness or death in accordance with the provisions of the corresponding official Mexican standard.
Article 32 .- The training of working animals and sports should be made by certified trainers and with the advice of a veterinarian, in accordance with the official Mexican standards issued by the competent authorities effect.
Article 33. is prohibited animal training that involves food and water deprivation, beatings, mutilations, abuse or any form of coercion that violates their lives or welfare.
The training for guard and defense shall be made by trainers who have training certificate issued by the competent authority and appropriate accommodation and facilities from the standpoint of hygiene and health, animal welfare and public safety.
Article 34 .- It is prohibited to carry out the training of animals in public spaces or private spaces for common use without adequate measures to prevent any damage to persons or property.
Article 35 .- The heads of animals used in shows and fairs, horse racing and dog rodeos, as well as the film industry and television, will ensure the welfare of animals before and after they develop the show, according to the provisions of this Act
Article 36 .- It is prohibited to minors entry to any show in which mistreat animals.
Article 37 .- The heads of animals on display will be kept in facilities that enable them to meet their behavioral and physiological health, including exhibitors, holiday or night shelters, quarantine, hospitalization, breeding and rearing, in order to prevent or reduce tension, suffering, trauma and pain that might ocasionárseles.
From the sale of animals
Article 38 .- The states regulate business establishments engaged in the sale of domestic animals, ensuring their welfare at all times.
The sale of pets and companion in public, communication routes, fairs, flea markets and street markets, with the exception of animals for human consumption, in which case it must have authorization from the appropriate authority.
Article 39 .- Business establishments engaged in the sale of animals are required to issue a certificate of sale. The certificate must contain the provisions of the official Mexican standard that purpose by the competent authority.
Establishments are required to integrate information from the certificates issued in the domestic animal species census of the National Environmental and Natural Resources. They are also obliged to provide the buyer with a manual care, housing and animal diet acquired, including the environmental risks of their release into natural or urban environment and the breaches that are supported by the breach of the provisions of this Act . This manual shall be certified by a veterinarian zootecnista.
The competent authorities of municipalities and political and administrative bodies will undertake visits to monitor compliance with the provisions applicable to these facilities.
Article 40 .- It is forbidden the sale of domestic animals for experimental and other scientific purposes not authorized or legally recognized.
Of teaching, research and experimentation
Article 41 .- The use of animals for teaching, research and experimentation, you should always ensure their welfare, in accordance with the provisions of this Act and the applicable Mexican Official Standards.
Public or private institutions, as well as teachers or researchers, will be directly responsible for securing and maintaining adequate levels of welfare of animals used in their activities.
Article 42 .- The use of animals in research or experimentation is justified only when absolutely necessary for the study and advancement of science, and provided that there is an alternate method of the replacement as diagrams, drawings, computer models, crops in vitro, films, photographs, videotapes, and genomic biological materials or any other similar procedure.
Article 43 .- In the event that the use of animals necessary for teaching, research or experimentation, efforts should be made using the least amount of copies, the use of techniques and practices that reduce or eliminate their pain and suffering, and measures that ensure their welfare before, during and after use.
The authorities issue official Mexican standards to regulate this matter.
Article 44 .- The animal protection associations will provide veterinary medical care in the control and care centers provided they have animal veterinarians with professional license, as well as campaigns to prevent animal abuse.
Article 45 .- For the preparation of the official Mexican standards referred to in this Act, the competent authorities shall take into account the views of citizens in accordance with the provisions of the Federal Law on Metrology and Standardization.
Article 46 .- The competent authorities may conclude cooperation agreements with the animal welfare associations to assist in the capture of feral and abandoned animals in public areas and send them to the Centers for animal care and control or, where appropriate, to facilities for animal shelter animal welfare associations, provided they have properly trained personnel tested and authorized for that purpose.
May also conclude agreements to which the destination is set to be given to animals not claimed by her guardian or responsible in terms of Article 25 of this Law.
The Centers for animal care and control will promote the adoption of abandoned animals and, in general, environmental education based on the dignified and respectful treatment of animals.
Article 47 .- The Centers for animal care and control health care and provide necessary food or abandoned pets that are under their care. They will also be forced to withdraw from public roads and common areas of property subject to condominium ownership, animals whose welfare is compromised in the absence of a person responsible for your care without this service is conditional to prior payment of same.
Article 48 .- The competent authorities shall authorize the presence of representatives of animal protection associations that request, when the acts of humane slaughter of animals on public facilities intended for that purpose. It will also allow the presence of observers when performing verification visits to public and private establishments that handle animals.
Dead animals in homes or in public places should be carried in plastic bags or airtight containers to places of burial or disposal authorized or established by municipalities and the Political-Administrative Bodies Federal District.
Article 49 .- Citizens Councils for the Protection of Animals will link agencies and liaison with public and private institutions, academic organizations and animal protection associations, to assist in the design and evaluation of policies on animal welfare and protection implement national and state level.
The integration and operation of this Council shall be governed according to what set the corresponding regulations.
Article 50 .- Everyone has the right to have competent authorities make available the information requested in the protection, dignity and respect to animals, under the terms of the Federal Law of Transparency and Access to Information government publications.
Breaches of security measures and sanctions
Article 51 .- The authorities, in the scope of their authority, are obliged to carry out investigations before any allegations of abuse or unwarranted sacrifice of animals and, in general, at any event, act or omission arising from breach of this Law, its regulations and other applicable legal provisions, and issue and enforce penalties.
Article 52 .- The states determine, in terms of their respective laws, violations, penalties, procedures and resources for the protection and welfare, in accordance with the provisions of this Act
Article 53 .- If there is imminent risk to the animals due to cruelty or mistreatment to them, or to flagrante delicto, the competent authorities as grounds and reasons, may order immediately take the following safety measures:
- Temporary closure of establishments, facilities, services or places where you have, use, display, or public entertainment traded with animals that do not comply with the legislation;
- Ensuring precautionary animals whose health and welfare is endangered. In this case, the authority may appoint a trustee to ensure animal welfare in accordance with the provisions of this Law;
- Permanent closure when there is recurrence in the cases that triggered a temporary closure or in the case of events, acts or omissions whose primary purpose is to perform the acts prohibited by this Act
May be designated as depositories of animal protection societies with facilities for the shelter animals. The alleged offender will be responsible for expenses incurred by the depositary in animal care.
Article 54 .- When the administrative authority to order any of the security measures provided in this Act, instruct the concerned actions to be carried out to remedy the deficiencies that led to the imposition of such measures and deadlines for their realization so that once they fulfilled an order for the withdrawal of the measure imposed.
Article 55 .- Violations of the provisions of this Act shall be administratively sanctioned by the competent authorities with the following sanctions:
- The violation of the provisions contained in sections III and IX of Article 18, with a fine equivalent of 1 to 15 days of minimum wage or to imprisonment for 12 to 24 hours;
- The violation of the provisions contained in sections I and II of Article 17, in sections V and VIII of Article 18 and Article 33, administrative arrest for up to 36 hours or a fine of 16 to 30 days of minimum wage;
- The violation of the provisions contained in sections III, V and VI of Article 17, Sections II and VII of Article 18 and Articles 21, 23, 27, 28, 29, 31 and 32, with administrative arrest of 36 hours or a fine of 50 to 100 days of minimum wage;
- The violation of the provisions contained in Article 16, Sections IV, VIII and IX of Article 17 and Articles 34, 36, 43 and 44, with 36-hour administrative detention or a fine of 101 to 200 days of minimum wage ;
- The violation of the provisions contained in Section VII of Article 17, Sections IV and VI of Article 18 and Articles 38 and 42, with administrative arrest for up to 36 hours and the seizure of animals or a fine of 101 to 250 days of minimum wage;
- The violation of the provisions of Article 29 with temporary or permanent closure of the place where the show takes place, and
- The violation of the provisions of Section X, Article 17, in administrative detention for up to 36 hours, the seizure of animals, the final closure of the place where the show is made and a fine of 251 to 300 days of minimum wage.
In case of recidivism, the amount of the fine may be up to twice the corresponding pecuniary penalty.
In cases where a sanction is imposed as a temporary closure, the competent authority shall indicate the offender remediation and actions you must take to remedy the deficiencies that led to that sanction, as well as deadlines for their implementation.
Confiscated animals may be donated to facilities that have animals on display, or the animal protection associations, who shall guarantee the existence of appropriate conditions for animal welfare.
Article 56 .- For the imposition of sanctions for violations of this Act, be taken into account:
- The seriousness of the offense;
- The economic conditions of the offender;
- Recidivism, if any;
- The intentional or negligent act or omission constituting the violation, and
- The benefit directly obtained by the offender for acts that encourage the penalty.
For purposes of this Law, having become final repeats when a decision imposing a sanction is a new offense committed subsequent to it.
Article 57 .- In the case of violation by the scientific laboratories, educational institutions or those exercising the profession of veterinary surgeon, the amount of the fine is increased by up to thirty percent, regardless of civil, criminal or administrative incurred.
Article 58 .- The money raised from fines resulting from violations of this Act, the authorities will allocate fifty percent of the amounts collected to the municipalities or delegations to address the actions related to the powers conferred by this Act.
Article 59 .- The resolutions passed in connection with the implementation of this Act may be challenged under the terms provided by the relevant administrative procedure acts.
Article 60 .- Any person, whether physical or moral, denounce anonymously to the competent authorities any acts or omissions that may constitute violations of the provisions of this Act or that may affect the health and welfare of animals.
If the nature of the allegations to matters of competence of another authority who receives the complaint should be turned over to the competent authority.
The authority is obliged to inform the complainant of the procedure that falls to his claim and within 15 working days will personally notify the measures taken and, where appropriate, the imposition of the sanction in question.
Article 61 .- The complaint must be in writing and contain at least:
- The acts alleged acts or omissions;
- The information identifying the alleged infringer, and
- The evidence offered if the complainant.
In emergency situations, the competent authority shall carry out a verification visit in terms of the relevant legal provisions, in order to determine the existence or not of the offense subject of the complaint.
Once qualified the report issued on the occasion of the verification visit referred to in the preceding paragraph, the appropriate authority shall issue the corresponding resolution.
Without prejudice to the resolution indicated in the preceding paragraph, the authority will be answered within thirty days, that person shall notify the complainant and which report the result of verification of the measures taken and , where appropriate, the imposition of the sanction in question.
The authority is obliged to inform the complainant of the procedure that falls to his complaint and the measures taken to ensure the welfare of the animals were subjected to any mistreatment.
If I were a citizen complaint, derived from a public show or a sport, it is sufficient that the complainant filed with the appropriate instance to express the facts of your complaint through a hearing or faith of events. The authority shall implement the procedure for verifying and monitoring the effect of applying sanctions and corresponding security measures, according to this Law and other provisions that apply.
FIRST .- This Act shall come into force on the day following its publication in the Official Journal of the Federation.
SECOND .- The repeal all provisions that contravene the provisions of this Act
THIRD .- The legislatures of the states and the Federal District issued rules to regulate this sort materials available within ninety days after its entry into force. Also, reform the laws relating to define the administrative units are responsible for their implementation.
FOURTH .- The Federal Executive shall issue the corresponding regulations within ninety calendar days from the date of entry into force of this Decree.
FIFTH .- The bullfights, bulls and calves referred to Section X of Article 17 shall be prohibited from January first 2012.
Given in the Assembly Room of the H. Congress, San Lázaro Legislative Precinct, Mexico City, on the 14th day of September 2011.
Gabriela Cuevas Barron