Happy Birthday Gregor Mendel … !!!
Thanks to Gregor, the founder of the new science of genetics.
Instead of trial and error, everything on physical inheritance become simple mathematics or simple logics.
Cockfighters can easily breed different phenotypes to their preference.
Some are even using it to mask the true “fighting and gameness” phenotype/genotype by altering the “physical” phenotype like making a peacomb family into a single comb family or vice-versa.
Still, most will doubt someone when they claim they have
- A single comb aseel family
- A pea comb irish gamecock family
- A dom family but red color (without barring)
- A red family but showing dom color (with barring)
- A single comb roundhead family (A typical roundhead strain of american game is pea comb)
- A pea comb blueface family (A typical blueface strain of american game is single comb)
- A pea comb bihaingam family (A typical bihaingam strain of aseel is single comb)
These cockfighters that most will doubt are simply applying math of genetics knowledge in their breeding for a true gamecock for our sports of cockfighting.
These articles’ contents are direct results of the work of Mendel.
- Chicken Color Gene – Loci Alleles
- Chicken Calculator
- Chicken Color Calculator
- Chicken Comb Calculator
- Comb types in Gamefowl Breeding
Cockfighters (beginners and masters), share these articles to others.
- Selecting a Brood Cock
- Selecting a Brood Hen
- Gamecock Breeding Record – Complete Markings Sheets
- Gamecock Breeding Record – Complete Markings Matrix
- Breed or Breed
- How To Create Your Own Strain of Gamecocks
Let’s also think about gamecock cloning as an option.
- The US Poultry Genome Project
- Chicken Genome Resources
- ChickBASE (U.S. Node)
- Poultry genome sequences: progress and outstanding challenges